September 23, 2009

BUBBLE


I want to blow a bubble around my children and keep them protected.  I have so much hand sanitizer in my house I could open my own store. The older I have gotten, the more germapheobic I have become.  I am *that* woman who uses the paper towel to exit public restrooms. I spray Lysol on all of our door knobs, handles, light switches, chairs; if it doesn't move, it gets sprayed. I used to loathe people like me.  I thought they were 'soooo uptight!'

So back to the bubble.  Scout has been sick on and off for weeks.  She came home with 'Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease' when the Doctor told me it was so, I almost passed out. For some reason in my head, I thought she was referring to 'Foot and Mouth Disease.'  They sound pretty similar.  I was more familar with the ladder, which is deadly, hence, almost passing out. The one Scout contracted was a virus that would pass, but not quietly.  She was up for nights pissed off that she couldn't 'suck her binkie' because she had blisters in her mouth.  Scout not being able to suck her binkie is like a heroin addict not being able to shoot up. Sorry, its true.  We had some long, long nights.  She got better... and then... got sick again just a few weeks later, which is NOW. 


She has had a bacterial infection that has made her sicker than I have ever seen her. She has been miserable.  So, when you have a miserable kid, you are miserable - simple as that.  She has been down for one week tomorrow.  Life has somewhat paused.  We have been trying to nurse her back to health.  Pre-school has been out of the question - so Mommy has been spending a lot of time at home with Scout. Mommy needs a drink.

Sawyer, somehow has missed it all. He sleeps and when he is awake he flirts and smiles, fills his diaper and then goes back to sleep.  I am so happy that he is moving past Scout's illnesses. I am not sure what I would do with .... nevermind. I am not even going to write it.

Since we have been watching a lot of movies, Scout has already made it into "Elmo's Christmas."  At first, I didn't think it was a big deal.  Now, I hate myself.  Why? Because Scout has asked me everyday for the last week when Santa is coming. It's September 23rd. I'm going to cry.  There are 93 days before Christmas...  She also asked me "If I stay asleep, will Santa come?"  YUP. "Yes, honey, great idea! only 92 days to go!"

Scout also asked if she could get a bird for Halloween.  So, the Holiday's are eeking upon us. I have a feeling picking out a Halloween costume will be a big event this year.

But I still want to blow a bubble around my family.  I don't want to see my kids sick anymore.  My friend Jen keeps reminding me they are like little petrie dishes.  So, that anti-bacterial stuff stays for now as does the Lysol.  I will just continue being *that* annoying germ-phobe.

Here's to better health....

No comments:

Post a Comment