September 18, 2009

CATCHING UP





For three years I have told myself that I needed to write down everything that was happening with Scout, our daughter. I swore I would remember everything and I would catch up and keep a journal. I promised myself I would scrapbook and record every coo, poo and triumph. I failed. And I don't remember. I cannot crawl deep enough into the crevices of my Mommy Brain and pull the memories out. It is frustrating to no end. I cannot remember what her first sound was or how she looked when she was sad. I only know the now.

And before its too late, I am going to start TODAY writing about the amazing, the mundane, the funny, the hard; how I 'Bend Through Motherhood.'

 


We have two kids. Scout and Sawyer. They both live up to their names. Explorers, adventurers, strong willed and also unique. Scout is 3 and Sawyer is 12 weeks. We named them before we had them - in fact, years before we got pregnant they had their names. My husband and I never doubted we would have a 'Scout and a Sawyer.' Well, maybe briefly after we had Scout we wondered about a Sawyer... but then, POOF! He came! And we are so glad!


We are not unique. We are a four person family, six if you count the dogs. We live humbly and simply. I am proud of this *now* but it has taken me some time to learn how to do this. It has taken me some time to learn how to *do* a lot.
So I don't forget and make false promises to myself, I will write. I will record. I will rant and rave, and this will be our scrapbook. I regret I didn't do this earlier and I am so glad that I am doing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment