September 20, 2009

CREVICES


So, I had ambition at some point when Scout was eight months and younger.  I started a blog that I had forgotten all about.  Did I mention that when you become a Mom the crevices of your brain get very dark and you are lucky if you can formulate sentences?  Yes, its true. And most people think women are just making excuses for the total inability to recall, anything.  Trust me, we aren't. It is painful not being able to remember if you actually peed while you were sitting on the toilet - or did you just think about peeing?


Here is what I wrote:

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Six Months...
She is six months now... our daughter. I have gone six months without recording a single thing - except to memory, which, I will inevitably forget. This will be the first "blogging" I have done since the Miscarriage Blog. It is time to get back up on the literary horse here and record life from a whole new perspective.

Scout has grown out of her 1st onesie, shit up her back more than once, kept us up many a night, rolled over, burped so loud I thought it was impossibly funny, pulled the dogs ears, laughed until my heart cried, screamed until I thought I would lose it, splashed about like a fish in the tub, rubbed food all over her face, stole her Daddies heart, stole the show EVERYWHERE, reminded me that my life is no longer my own.

It has all happened so fast. Born in July 06' we knew we were lucky. We tried hard to get Scout. We had no problem getting pregnant - but staying knocked up was another story. Once we finally overcame two miscarriages - we were blessed with little monkey. Now, our lives are different. I have NO idea who I was or what I did before Scout and now, I am on the path to discover what is ahead. Life as a Mom is undeniably the most powerful part of life that I have experienced. So, now a new journey. Lot's of new journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment