October 7, 2015

Don't Blink...

Because if you do you will miss it. I cannot believe we have a 6 and 9 year old. First and fourth grade? How does it happen? Just when I think I am going to fall asleep during dinner I look up and they are almost as tall as I am.

Scout is so smart. She is wicked funny and has more energy than anyone I have ever met, except my Mom. She thrives in school, has a nice set of friends that changes everyday. She is in love with gymnastics and soccer and we now have a trampoline in the backyard that gets her bounce out!

Sawyer is very sensitive and thoughtful. He gets his feelings hurt easily and he is an incredible athlete. He is also kicking butt in school and I think he has a few girlfriends. He is kind and funny and a little scared.

We are so lucky.

Life throws some crazy twists and we are rising above the fray I suppose. Parenthood is really, realllllly hard. On the good days we cruise through and on the bad days we hope for a better day tomorrow.

A few things I have learned:


  • Summer is fun. I was usually stuck in an office but now I am out on my own again and I get to manage my time and spend time with the kids during summer break. It is now my fave season.
  • Don't get a puppy. Just don't. You have enough going on.
  • Instead of talking all the time - listen. Kids want to be heard.
  • Don't buy so much shit. Consuming is out of control.
  • We are busy creating experiences rather than collecting more shit. We want memories not stuff.
  • Send the kids to sleep away camp.
  • Find your tribe... and HANG ON TIGHT.
  • Learn patience. TRY to breath. 
  • Be selfish occasionally with your time. It is good to take a break. 
  • Repeat. 


I am sure there is more but I need a nap now.














No comments:

Post a Comment